A Family Tradition
The Franklin Cider Mill is a one-of-a-kind living piece of history. We take pride in our family-friendly atmosphere and strive to provide exceptional service.
- We press and bottle our own cider at our Mill! Each side of our double press can hold up to sixty bushels of apples.
- The average yield is approximately three gallons of cider per bushel of apples.
- Our cider season opens Labor day weekend and remains open until the first weekend after Thanksgiving.
- The apples are sorted and washed before going into the grinder. We make our cider with only the best, clean apples!
- Usually between eight to twelve hundred bushels of apples are sorted on the second floor of the Mill. There the sorting, washing and feeding of the apples into the grinder is done. The video in our customer area shows this process for visitors to see.
- In the main visitor area, you can observe our cider being pressed. We press daily. On weekends we have multiple presses each day.
- The Franklin Cider Mill donuts are made fresh and on demand each day. Our unique donuts are from an old German spice recipe. We have proudly served the same warm donuts that have been served with our cold cider for over 80+ years.
- The cider at the Franklin Cider Mill is NOT filtered, NOT pasteurized, and does NOT contain any form of preservative. It is a pure apple juice and MUST be kept refrigerated.
- Labels and business names similar to ours are now being used by others and can be confusing. Please remember that there is only one outlet for our products, which is . . . THE FRANKLIN CIDER MILL!